Friday, February 11, 2011

"Staying In The Zone"


Lately, I've been asked about substituting some of the foods I eat, or on the meal plans I write for others. I used to be really "strict" and didn't allow any concessions, because the only way to achieve that cut, defined look everyone is searching for, is to track your calories in a journal, use a calorie counting program like myfitnesspal.com, train on schedule, and eat clean (bland). Although, I believe in eating "super" clean, I've come to realize that some people start to burn out after awhile of eating bland and need variety and a little flavor on their plate. So, from time to time, I will post some variations on food choices that will keep you "in the zone" and on track to reach your goals. In this picture is what I ate for lunch today.....Island BBQ Tilapia-7 oz., Brown Rice-1 cup, and Broccoli- 1 cup. I've eaten this meal plenty of times before and some of you have this on your meal plan, but the tilapia has been marinated in seasonings and is low in fat. The broccoli is steamed from frozen and the brown rice is by "Organics" (3 min in microwave). Even if you don't get the "exact" fish, you get the idea that you can have flavor in your meals and still reach your goals. And when you decide to join the "Spartans" and eat clean, you'll be one step closer! Enjoy and stay "In The Zone!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment