Thursday, January 20, 2011

"What's Cracking?"

Eggs. I eat the whites....especially when I'm eating to get into shape. Hard-boiled egg whites are good source of protein, versatile with meals, and convenient to carry. But I know everyone has the same problem I do....they're hard to crack after they've been refrigerated. Here's a tip: microwave some water and submerge them into the water for a couple minutes to soften up the shell. The shell will come off as if they were freshly boiled. This will even warm the eggs up a bit too. :)
How many you eat depends on your protein needs. Adding egg whites and grilled chicken to your salad will boost your protein intake for muscle building. Try eating an egg white and wheat toast sandwich for breakfast to get your day started off right! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the hard boiled egg tip! That will come in handy in few months for Easter!
    Egg whites and whole wheat toast it is for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete